Always carry a corkscrew and the wine shall provide itself. Basil Bunting

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Trivets and Coasters

Cork is great material for trivets and coasters. They naturally absorb moisture and heat. I've come up with two styles so far and they can be used as coasters or trivets. The first design is what I call Disk style. I take the corks and cut them into disks and they lay them out on a ceramic tile 4" x 4". Then I fill in the white space with beads. They are sparkly and useful.  I love how the wine-stained corks add to the color and design.  You can get a set of 4 coasters for $5. What a great deal!
Disk Before Beading
Finished Disk Coaster

The other style I've come up is just a cork cut in half, you can see the design of the cork which makes each one a conversation piece and adds to the design. You can use these for coasters or trivets. Again, a set of 4 costs just $5.

Half Cork Style


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me!