Always carry a corkscrew and the wine shall provide itself. Basil Bunting

Sunday, December 26, 2010

An introduction to {re}cork'd

{re}cork’d came about as an idea to make some home-made gifts for friends. As a wine lover, I’ve been saving wine corks for a few years, putting them in vases and having them adorn my décor. Following a life-changing year and a move across the country, I decided to bring {re}cork’d to full bloom.  

I wanted to find a project I could be passionate about; one where I could be my own boss, travel and be creative. {re}cork’d is that project.  Wanting to handcraft beautiful items by creatively {re}using an otherwise disposable and limited natural resource, I came across an idea and decided to expand upon it.  The concept is simple: {re}purposing, {re}cycling, {re}used, {re}cork’d. 

The reality is a bit more complex. Each and every item is handcrafted by me. There is no assembly line, no machine. Just me and a small group of family members and friends who have pitched in to make this idea come to life. 

Cork is a natural choice for {re}cycling. Real cork is renewable and biodegradeable. Resin corks can also find a new life being {re}purposed into useful products.  In this age of sustainable, “Green” enterprising, I believe this is a natural and progressive idea. I’ve never fancied myself an environmentalist, but I care about {re}cycling and this is my way of taking a part in that movement. The corks are all donated, either from my own personal inventory, friends who have sent me their corks, or from the generous contributions of some local restaurants (http://www.craftworksrestaurants.com/)

You can special order any product. Choose your own colors and themes or pick directly from my line.  {re}cork’d will be adding new products constantly so make sure you keep checking back. All of the items make great gifts for the special wine lover in your life or special keepsakes for yourself.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Now visit my website www.recorkd.com. Please browse around!  If you have any special requests, email me info@recorkd.com and I’ll get back to you right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me!